What is a sustainable NGO?
A sustainable NGO is a non-governmental organization that has the ability to survive over a long period of time and at the same time has the ability to fulfill its mission.
How can our NGO increase its sustainability?
The survival of your NGO and its ability to fulfill its mission is dependent on many factors including
- Your external Macro- and Micro Environment,
- Your performance on organizational and project level
- The availability of financial resources, leadership and management skills within your organization.
Working towards sustainability is a continuous challenge. In order to meet this challenge, NGO management and staff should know about
- Key factors that influence an NGO´s chances of survival,
- How to assess the current sustainability of their organization,
- How to plan and monitor sustainability and
- How to improve sustainability.
The website provides an introduction to the above topics on over more than hundred webpages.
You will also find at the end of each webpage a list of further reading material available online.
Please contact me if you have any questions about the content or would like to discuss with me how I could support you.